Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Getting back in to it...

.Good Monday Afternoon!
 I am writing this with a big mug of coffee and a few "Bottle Caps" candies (childhood favorite)

Everyone has a Monday in need of a sugar pick me up!

It is a cloudy Monday over here in prairie country, in fact it has been a cloudy weekend. But clouds don't limit us, or what God wants for our time. I had the wonderful pleasure of leading 15 ladies from our church on a Ladies retreat this past weekend. 

The purpose was OUR STORIES. We wanted to hear each other's stories. The heart was to join in community together.

As I worked to prepare, I was so anxious and unsure, I was tense and felt like I was holding on the reigns of a runaway stallion, grasping for control.

Last week you saw me sitting in Starbucks, notebook out, coffee, colors all over the table. I think back on that day and I remember God showing me, grasping that stallion's reigns and having a hard time staying on the horse. 
But God told me, If I hang on so tightly, how is that TRUSTING Him?
Real Trust looks more like this...
(maybe not Cinderella) but without restraints, Real trust is me saying....I won't attempt to control you God. You take me where you want me to go.

And what a ride He took me and all of us women on! We can all say, Our God is Faithful!!

So that said, #31daystoclean took a little break and it has be hard slogging getting back in the saddle. As you can tell you are reading this after it was posted on Tuesday night, not Monday afternoon. 
As my kids Curious George storybook says " Even great explorers bump and crash sometimes."

But, here is my chance to land. The last few days we worked on the pantry and started into the bathrooms. Those can be SCARY places. But luckily a week ago, I was in to my cupboard and cleaning out spilled body wash with paint scrapers, so that I just need to do a weekly cleaning of counters, toilets and sinks. Good thing too, because tomorrow morning, is Ladie's coffee at my house!!! 
But on the 'mary' side of things, I am really enjoying how this book addresses the heart issues and the ways in which we can grow in community.
So in being that I am slightly behind, tomorrow I am working on my Priorites list, organizing my large pots cabinet, catching up on some reading, and working on...


No comments:

Post a Comment