Sunday, May 11, 2014

motherhood



when I think about this day, like all women I can't help but think about my mom.

Laurel Evangeline Fortune, is truly a gift from the Lord for me...

She has raised 10 kids, in the North of Canada, Whitehorse Yukon
She was a Pastor's daughter and a Pastor's wife
She balanced the home while Dad worked to provide for us,
many times doing two separate jobs at once

I don't have bad memories of my childhood, even with all of us to care for I remember..
Mom, caring for my friends, our church family, our family friends, and even taking in people in need of a loving family.

I remember Mom, wholeheartedly loving and serving her Heavenly Father and teaching us to do the same.

One day when I was (probably grudgingly) vaccumming the couch, I  found a list and on it was all the names of us kids and notes beside each name. When I asked my Mom, she said it was her prayer list. I later found out that before she started each day with all of us, she would start each day with God.

Mom is the woman I look up too, the woman I hope to emulate. Mom's favorite words are "Yes!" and "Obey!" They have become mine as well.

Thank you Mom, for all that you are, for being obedient to the Lord and teaching and encouraging me to do the same.


Do you need to be encouraged to say "Yes!"? I encourage you to get your hands on a copy of Rhinestone Jesus #Yesinmymess by Kristen Welch.
This lady has read my heart.
Trust Jesus, Say Yes, and take the ride of your Life.....you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment